The mediation protocol (or consent to participate) is a document that explains the parameters of the mediation process. The protocol reflects the rules established by the parties who will govern their mediation process. We find the following elements:
- The voluntary nature of the process
- The confidential aspect of the process
- The role of the mediator and the parties
- The possibility of using caucuses (meetings between the mediator and one of the parties)
- Payment of file opening fees
- The peculiarities related to the conclusion of an agreement
- How to end the process
The mediator will invite the parties to sign the mediation protocol before starting the first mediation session.
This content has been updated on November 14th, 2018 at 11 h 51 min.